When We Are Closed
If you need to speak to a doctor urgently outside opening hours, telephone the out of hour’s service on 111. Depending on the nature of the problem, the NHS111 Service will either give advice, arrange for you to come to the "out of hours" centre, or arrange a home visit.
Between 18:00 & 18:30 weekdays call 023 9241 2309
- Remember this should be reserved for genuine emergencies only and that most of the doctors are local GPs who have to work the following day.
- Note that the "out of hours centre" is not a drop in casualty service.
Accident and Emergencies
There are casualty facilities at the following hospitals:
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham
- St. Richard's Hospital, Chichester
- Havant War Memorial Hospital (minor injuries only)
Injuries sustained longer than 48 hours ago should be seen by your doctor first.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.